Saturday, September 15, 2012

Thing #9: Image Generators



http://www.imagechef.com/

The first image generator that I tried was Image Chef.  I used the quote "Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future," spoken by John F. Kennedy.  I chose the apple shape because that is usually a symbol for education.  I absolutely love this quote and combining the words to make a visual image is inspiring.  I would love to make this into a photograph, frame it, and then hang it in my future classroom!


http://www.signgeneratormaker.com/

The second image I created using Sign Generator Maker.  This website was a little more complicated and shall we say, disorganized, in comparison to Image Chef.  It took me a while to find a sign that I liked and since it wouldn't let me copy and paste the HTML code, I had to save the image to my computer.  

These image generators could be used to decorate the classroom.  For example, children could choose a short poem, copy and paste the text into Image Chef and then have a visual representation of the poem.  This application could also be used as an introductory activity.  Children could type in their name and words that describe them, along with activities and foods they enjoy and then choose an image to represent themselves.  

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea of framing the first picture you made and hanging it in your classroom! It is a very inspiring quote for the children and it looks awesome. The children would really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote and the type of image you chose to put it in, in your first photo. The quote was very inspiring. It is a cool thing that you can match the image with the quote.

    ReplyDelete