Saturday, September 8, 2012

Thing #6: So many choices!

The Web 2.0 tool I chose to explore is called Evernote.  This handy application is a note-taking device that can be used and transfered between Macs, PCs, and even some Smartphones.  Registered users can also use the website to access their Evernote account wherever they are.  The basic version is free, which makes it even better!

This application/website is great for many reasons.  First, you can take pictures of things you like, upload them, and sort them into categories such as: things to buy, redecorating ideas, etc.  Users can also record verbal memos and upload them onto Evernote.  This application is also great for saving websites.  Evernote will keep all your favorite sites in one place and also has the capability of taking screenshots, so you only have to store the pages you need.  Additionally, users can create "notebooks" to save all their important notes in one place.  

This application can be useful in so many ways for teachers and students alike.  Teachers can use it to record observations about their students, bookmark websites, videos, and lesson ideas, and create a shared "classroom notebook" so that all the students have access to important information.  Students can use Evernote to take notes in class or as a virtual "assignment notebook," among many other things.  

Website: Evernote

Video featured on website: Use of Evernote in Schools

2 comments:

  1. Emily, I love Evernote! I have an Ipad and that is were I was first introduced to Evernote. I did not realize all the potential of this app until I went on-line and checked out the website. You present great ideas to use this website/app in the classroom that I might have to borrow later when I finally become a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool! I like how Evernote makes everything accessible on different devices, because we all know we will have a work and personal everything, so this way we can always access what we need where ever we are. This looks like something I can actually use in my classroom in the future. Thanks for highlighting this great application!

    ReplyDelete