Saturday, September 15, 2012

Thing #10: RSS Feeds

So far, I am in love with RSS feeds.  It's kind of like a Facebook news feed because readers can keep up with blogs that they are interested.  As Google describes it, "It's like a magazine you create!" I chose to subscribe to a combination of 5 blogs and websites: National Geographic for Teachers, Cool Cat Teacher Blog, PBS Teachers, Step into 2nd Grade, and Taste of Home.  I love that I will always be in touch with these websites and I will able to see updates as soon as they come out.  I look forward to reading about new teaching ideas and projects and finding new recipes to make!

RSS feeds can be very useful for teachers.  For example, teachers can subscribe to different websites and blogs (such as the ones named above) and get the latest lesson plans, activities, and classroom ideas.  Google Reader and RSS feeds can be great tools for keeping educators aware and knowledgeable about the events happening around the world, so that they can share the latest news with their students.  

No comments:

Post a Comment