Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thing #7: Flickr

I chose not to create a Flickr account for Thing #7.  This is the first time I have ever been on the website and the first thing I noticed was that it seemed very hard to navigate.  I went through the tutorial and it helped a little, but I was still slightly confused. The tutorial led me to the White House Flickr page, as well as the NASA page.  It was very interesting to look through the photos in these groups; one that especially caught my eye was the satellite photo of the aftermath of 9/11.  It was crazy to think that something so horrific looked so "minimal" from space.

It was hard for me to find a tag that interested me. I searched words such as education, food, dog, home decorating, etc and nothing really caught my eye.  Finally, I searched the word "Cedarburg," which is my home town in Wisconsin.  I miss home just about every day that I'm here, and eventually my husband and I would like to move back.  I found images that local businesses have uploaded, as well as photos of some of my favorite places.  Seeing these pictures put a smile on my face and made me excited to return home.  Despite this, I really dislike the site because it is not user-friendly at all.  Even after the tutorial, I still felt lost; I would rather upload and view pictures on Facebook.  I tried over and over to upload an image as a URL  and I kept getting an error message saying that the image was not "public."  Next, I tried to send the picture to my email so I could upload it from there; unfortunately, it would not let me do that unless I created an account. 

After almost 30 minutes of trying, I gave up trying to upload a picture to this blog post.  The following is a link to the Cedarburg Chamber of Commerce group. 
Cedarburg Chamber of Commerce

What a pain in the booty! I am not impressed with this website one bit...Hopefully my next post will be more positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment