Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thing #16: Getting Organized

Out of all of the choices for customized home pages, I chose iGoogle.  After playing around on it for a little while, I was saddened to find out that iGoogle will be "phased out" next year.  Bummer.  I really like being able to see the weather, important news stories, Facebook and email notifications, etc. all on one page.  I suppose I will keep iGoogle as my home page until it is phased out in 2013.

As for the calendars and to-do lists...I am the type of person who needs to have everything written down and organized in order to be productive.  I have lists for literally everything one can think of and sometimes, I will write stuff on my list just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing it off.  Although I can see how online calendars and to-do lists could be helpful, I prefer to hand-write events and things using an actual pencil and paper.  Personally, I think it is much more work to open the internet, type in the web address, get to the correct screen, and type in each item in comparison to hand-writing the lists.

Here's a screen shot of the to-do list I created:















I think all of these tools could be used at home and at school, as long as the user had access to the internet when they wanted to view their calendar, list, etc.  Call me old fashioned, but I'd much rather write my grocery list on a piece of paper.  That way, when I go to the store, I can use my phone as a calculator and I won't have to worry about flipping from app to app!

No comments:

Post a Comment