Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thing #23: Creative Commons

I loved the video about copyright--I actually looked at using this video for my Webquest activity for this class as well.  Ultimately, I decided that 2nd graders would definitely not benefit from this video at all.  I had to watch it twice in order to get all the necessary information!

I know that the APSU 23 Things blog is modified from the original because of the Creative Commons icon at the bottom of the page.  In addition, many of the pages mention the "Creative Common" license at the end of the post.  Finally, a description of the original source is located in the "Credits" section of the blog. 

In my career as a teacher, I plan to use Creative Commons as often as possible.  Sometimes, I feel overwhelmed by all of the copyright laws.  It is so hard to know when it is okay to do certain things and when it is not.  Creative Commons offers educators and other professionals a way to share their work and allow other users to share it as well.  Teachers have access to many great resources on this website, and even better, they don't have to worry as much about breaking any laws!

No comments:

Post a Comment