Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thing #22: LiveBinders

Wow! What a wonderful website.  For the past couple of months, I've been telling my husband over and over again, "I really need to buy a nice filing cabinet to start organizing all of my resources for my future classroom."  I have not bought a filing cabinet yet and all of my papers are in a big, nasty pile shoved into my desk.  This website is like a virtual "filing cabinet" for websites, PDFs, documents and images.  For my EDUC 3070 class, we had to create a real binder with five artifacts for each of the ten principles of INTASC.  Using LiveBinders would be another way to complete this assignment. 

The first binder I made is titled Grade 2: Physical Science.  I made 3 tabs for this binder, one for worksheets, one for experiments, and one for review activities. I also made a binder for Grade 2: Life Science and Grade 2: Earth Science with the same tabs.

I love this website, however I am "old school." I would much rather have a hard copy of a worksheet or resource filed away in my real filing cabinet (that I don't have yet).  Personally, I think I will stick to organizing my favorite websites using bookmarks and bookmark folders. 

Here is an example of one of my binders:


No comments:

Post a Comment